“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Monday Musings! #21—Acquisitions from My Local Library


Okay, I realize that it is Tuesday today but somehow I did not post this yesterday. So let’s just pretend that it is Monday. On to my Monday Musings!

I acquired two books from my local library that I can now add to my “I must read these soon pile.” The books are:

·         Killing Kennedy:  The End of Camelot by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard. The fact that we just had the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy did not weigh in my decision to borrow this book. I have had this on my want to read list for a while now and when I had the chance to borrow it I did.

·         Crystal Healing 2012 And Beyond:  Discovering And Using Rocks, Crystals, And Stones In The New Age by Barbara S. Delozier, Msc.D. This I borrowed because I thought it would be interesting to read up on crystals and how they can enhance our feeling of well-being.

These acquisitions from my local library are only borrowed and need to be returned so I must really step up on my reading this next week. I am still working on my last borrowed book from the library, All You Ever Wanted To Know From His Holiness The Dalai Lama:  On Happiness, Life, Living and Much More Conversations with Rajiv Mehrotra.

Don’t let the fact that I am still on the Dalai Lama book fool you into thinking that I am not reading through the day however, because I am. The books that I am reading right now are more just for me and my personal and spiritual growth and are ones that I may not write about here.


This concludes my Monday Musings on Tuesday this week. Have a great reading week!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a dark day when President Kennedy was assassinated. Dark, dark day.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!