“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Friday, July 5, 2013

Feature and Follow!

Wow! Here it is Friday already and time once again for Feature and Follow.

FEATURE AND FOLLOW IS A WEEKLY POST HOSTED BY PARAJUNKEE'S VIEW AND ALISON CAN READ.

"INCREASE BLOG FOLLOWERS, GAIN BOOK BLOG FOLLOWERS AND MAKE NEW FRIENDS WITH THE BOOK BLOGGER FEATURE AND FOLLOW."

Here are the rules:
1.      (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts Parajunkee & Alison Can Read
2.      (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
3.      Put your Blog Name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
4.      Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
5.      If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
6.      Follow, Follow, Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
7.      If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
8.      If you're new to the Feature and Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION IS:

Today is the US’ Independence Day. Share your favorite book with a war in it, or an overthrow of the government.

I don’t read books about war or with wars in them as a rule and I am not really all that political so books about government are not usually read either. I did attempt to read For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway many moons ago and was not able to finish it. I would not rate it as a favorite of mine but it does qualify as a book about war.

4 comments:

  1. Ick, I don't like Ernest Hemingway books.
    I went with The Torturer's Daughter

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with this question too. I went a different route and used a dystopian. I've seen some other great choices ont he hop I didn't think of like Harry Potter too. Old follower. Happy Friday.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love George Washington's Socks by Elvira Woodruff, Bull Run by Paul Fleishman, and My Brother Sam is Dead. They are all kid lit but very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read lots of dystopian novels, so I read about war all the time!

    Thanks for visiting my FF! (I'm an old follower).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!