“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Book Quote Saturday! (12): Chasing Dreams!

We all have dreams. Many of us can spend an extraordinary amount of time chasing our dreams. Sometimes it may seem to others that our dreams are a bit strange. That should not stop us from chasing our dreams anyway. Should it?

The book quote that I want to share with you today comes from Dolly:  My Life and Other Unfinished Business by Dolly Parton. It goes like this:

“Dreams may be as fragile as soggy cornflakes, but chase them anyway, and store away as many of them as you can in that special place that makes you you.”


Do you agree with this quote? Are there any dreams that you are chasing? If not maybe you should start chasing one.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quote and I agree with it too. I'm living my dreams. I'm living life as if this is the last day. I think everyone should chase their dreams.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!