“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Exit Strategy by L.F. Falconer!


“It’s less than 3000 miles to hell” It was those words that had me captivated and wanting to read this book. Exit Strategy by L.F. Falconer promised me a surprising murder mystery that was going to be a "nightmarish voyage across the North Atlantic". That is not what I got however.

This was a very boring book and was one that I could keep putting down again and again; unfortunately, that is just what I did. It took me way too long to read this tome and I will not be anxious to read anything else from this writer. I found the story line lacklustre and the wording in the book was that as well. The writer describes boring events or items for no reason that I could see because they certainly did not do anything to make this story any more enjoyable.

I would not recommend Exit Strategy by L.F. Falconer to anyone unless you are into boring yourself to sleep, or as in my case, into doing housework that had been left undone for far too long. Because of the boring nature or this book I would have to give it 1** on my rating scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!