“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday! 03/12/03

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read

• Open to a random page

• Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
My Teaser Tuesday sentences today come from Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I realize it has been three weeks and I am still reading this book. For some reason I have been reluctant to finish it, I am truly enjoying it and will be sorry when I am done reading it which will be sometime this week (if all goes well).
 
“I have searched frantically for contentment for so many years in so many ways, and all these acquisitions and accomplishments—they run you down in the end. Life, if you keep chasing is so hard, will drive you to death.”
 
LEAVE A COMMENT with the link to your Teaser Tuesday post, or your own "teaser" from current read. Thank you and happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this movie - which was fabulous! I loved her soul searching and just the over all "feel goodness" from her journey. Probably won't ever read the book though.

    Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog! I'm a new follower via GFC.
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. Better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading Dangerous Liaisons :)

    "I allow that money does not equal happiness. Still, one has to admit that it is a great help."

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!