“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Monday, March 25, 2013

Stop Wearing Your Wishbone Where Your Backbone Oughtta Be!


I just finished reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and I must say what a tremendous read it was! Elizabeth Gilbert filled this book with so much insight and there was a great deal of humor as well. This author writes as though she were sitting right beside you reciting this awesome story.

Powerfully written, this was a great journey to take and I am glad I decided to go along. I gained much insight into how I work and how events that have unfolded in my life have made me the person that I am. The good news is that I too can change just as Elizabeth Gilbert does when she embarks on this year long journey to cleanse and heal her life.

“Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be”, was just one of the points to remember that I came away with. This quote will forever remind to stop wishing so much for the things that can never be or were never meant to be.

I also learned about graciousness and goodness, how to sit quietly with myself for a while if I am feeling overwhelmed or unsure how to proceed with my life. Eat, Pray, Love held so much information on how to…live again after what one might consider a catastrophe, or how to…love again when one has been hurt in love.

Elizabeth Gilbert has penned a tremendous read with Eat, Pray, Love that I would very much recommend reading. I love the way she writes and am looking forward to perusing more from this author.

Click The Cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!