“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Liebster Blog Award!





Oh Wow!! I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Madiha S. at The Smell of Parchment. First of all I just want to thank Mediaha for this award.


RULES


1.      Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.

2.      Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3.      Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4.      Copy and paste the Blog Award on your blog.


Questions from Madiha


1.      Why did you begin blogging?


I began blogging with a random writings blog because I felt I needed a way to connect to something or someone. At the time I started blogging I was feeling a bit depressed and somehow writing my strange and random thoughts seemed to help me feel less tense and less alone. I gradually turned my random writings into this book blog.


2.      Sunrise or sunset?

I like them both. There are times when I really need to see the awesome colors of a new day and other times I need the quiet colors of the evening.


3.      Do you judge a book by its cover?


Honestly, I would have to say yes I do. The cover of a book has to jump out at me or I usually do not pay any attention to the book. It is only after looking at the cover that I am tempted to find out what the book is about.


4.      What is the most exciting thing you've ever done?


The most exciting thing I have ever done is quading with my husband before we were married. We used to go camping with some of my husband’s friends and take the quads along. We had some great times and once my husband backed into a tree in the middle of the forest. We still are not sure how that happened.


5.      If you had to give up any of your senses (sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch) which would it be and why?


This is a tough one. I am a grandmother of three and after much debate with myself I would have to say taste. My reasoning behind this is that I would need the other senses to see the beauty of my grandchildren’s faces; to hear the joy in my grandchildren’s laughter, and to be able to feel their touch my face. I may need my sense of smell to detect what it is they are trying to get me to eat. Taste is really the only thing I would want to give up, but only if I had to.


6.      Which in your opinion is your favorite Book to Movie transition?


I usually do not like when a book is turned into a movie. Somehow there is something that is lost in the transition. It may be that in the movie version I do not need to use my imagination, I don’t know for sure. Off the top of my head, I would need to say I don’t have a favorite, they are all bad.


7.      Most embarrassing story you are willing to share online?


There are so many I don’t know which one to share so I won’t share any.


8.      Your favorite book as a child?

I read a lot as a child. I was a daydreamer and reading was a way for me to escape into someone else’s life and world and get out of mine. I can’t say I really had a favorite book, all the books I read served a purpose for me and served it well.


9.      Which book are you highly anticipating to read?


I just received a book to review titled Exit Strategy by L.F. Falconer and have read the first little bit of it and am quite intrigued with what I have read so far.


10.  Who's your favorite character from a book/movie and why?

My favorite book character is Gabriel Clarke from The River by Michael Neale. Gabriel went through a great tragedy as a very young child that caused him to become someone who is afraid to try anything new or different and he is terribly frightened of water and the river. He is however, able to transform himself in this story to become who he was meant to be; someone able to accept a challenge, willing to live life to the fullest, and to live it with an extreme amount of joy.


11.  Have a book boyfriend/girlfriend? Who is it and why?


No there is no book boyfriend or girlfriend in my life. My husband is not a reader and the girl friends I have are into other hobbies for enjoyment.


Now for the 11 random facts about me:


1.      I have one daughter and two step children.

2.      I married for the first time late in life

3.      My husband and I have been married for 10 years

4.      I love animals

5.      My husband and I are contemplating getting a small dog as a pet

6.      I went back to school as an adult and got my GED

7.      I graduated from Red Deer College with an Office Administration Diploma.

8.      My three grandchildren bring me more joy then I can express in words

9.      My husband and I love to go camping

10.  I love ice cream too much (especially chocolate)

11.  I do not know how to drive. When my grandson was three he gave me lessons on how to drive—you just get in the truck, turn the key, and the truck starts.


My Nominees











10.  http://fatzee.blogspot.ca/2013/03/food-art-2.html



My 11 Questions for You:


1.You wouldn't be caught dead, where?

2.Name one thing you consider yourself to be very good at.

3.If you were granted three wishes from an angel or genie what would you want?

4.If you could be any fictional character who would you choose?

5.What is your favorite book?

6.What author inspires you and why?

7.If you could meet any author who would it be and why?

8.What is your favorite book quote?

9.If you could choose to stay a certain age forever what age would it be?

10.What are you most grateful for?

11.If someone wrote a book about your life, what would they title it?


Have fun with this and make sure you leave me a link to your post so that I can check it out.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to you for getting the award and thanks for awarding me. I will get to the questions and get a link back to you.
    Congrats to your other awardees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely award and wow you did a lot of work on this. You also told us a lot about yourself. Way cool.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award. Here is the link to my blog post:
    http://sunshineandshadowslifewithdid.blogspot.com/2013/03/2013-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I found you through Link Referral and now following you. Please follow my blog back http://mysuccessfulentrepreneurs.blogspot.com/ or check out my kids site as well http://kidsafescents.scentsy.us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nominating http://annsproductreviews.blogspot.ca it's much appreciated!!! And congratulations on receiving such an award that you well deserve! And sorry it took me this long in responding, I was busy with life with moving and other stuff!
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!