“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.”

Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Friday, March 1, 2013

Book Blogger Hop!




The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books and I was able to only join it once before it was ended in December 31, 2012.  I was happy to see that Billy has at Ramblingsof a Coffee Addicted Writer is going to be picking it up. It was a fun way to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog. For this hop all you do is answer the weekly question on your blog. You may follow as many or as few of the followers on The Book Blogger Hop as you like.

The question for the week of March 1st -7th is:


You’re going on a long train ride. What books will you bring to read?

I am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert as well as Exit Strategy by L.A. Falconer so I would for sure bring those two. Depending how long the train ride is I might bring a book I recently got on loan from the library; Are You There Alone:  The Unspeakable Crime of Andrea Yates by Suzanne O’Malley. Hopefully these three books would keep me busy for awhile. As I am thinking about it though, I might want to get in some sight seeing on this trip so maybe I will not have too much time to read.

3 comments:

  1. Eat Pray Love is on my TBR list - I can't wait to read your review. Thank you for visiting my blog - I hope you will follow. =) www.pattisreadingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read EAT, PRAY, LOVE. Someday! The next time I'm on a train, maybe :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Eat Pray Love- it was a book that came into my life when I needed it.

    I didn't really think about the aspect of sightseeing, but you are totally right... I bet I would spend a decent amount of time looking out the window and passing scenery :)

    ReplyDelete

While your comments are appreciated, I must ask that you do not nominate me for any awards. Happy reading and have an awesome day!